Friday, September 10, 2010

Something Big is Happening....but not yet....=)

Good Morning everyone!!

Well, it is one day past Quinn's due date! We have gotten lots of phone calls and texts wondering what's up, so we thought we better update!! We are just as anxious as you all are! Unfortunately, the way we are having this baby is right back to the roots. Which means at each appointment, our midwife checks Quinn's heartbeat, and position, and measures my stomach. She does NOT check to see if I'm dialated and/or effaced. The purpose of this is because she could tell me that I'm 2 cm dialated, but I could stay that way for a month! (well, not now) It doesn't do anything except make me more anxious about WHEN WHEN?? Now, Katherine (my midwife) would totally do it, anytime I asked, but both Dave and I figure..hey, it'll happen when he's ready. If nothing else, this whole pregnancy has taught me, you have to let your children show you who THEY are, not who I think they SHOULD be! What an important lesson for someone who has only had to worry about herself for so long! Quinn is telling me he is not ready, and I am listening...hard as it may be.
The birth center will allow us to go 2 weeks past my due date, before I have to sign a waiver of some sort. I haven't explored that option yet, because we have some time before that. I have learned that most 1st babies are on average 5-8 days late. So, we may have to be patient a little longer. A couple of weeks ago, our second midwife Jessica predicted that if I carried Quinn to term, he would be about 8 1/2 to 9 lbs! WHOA. I hope she is wrong, but it will be interesting to find out! This upcoming wednesday I have my "week late" appointment and at that point they schedule some tests and an ultrasound to make sure Quinn is still happy and healthy. (ie. breathing properly, enough amniotic fluid, his position in my belly, etc..) We will keep you updated! Until then, we have tried to fill our schedule this weekend, so it's not so hard to wait. We are going to a football game tonight, then a birthday party for a friend tomorrow, and brunch with some more friends on Sunday! I figure the more plans I make, the faster he will come! Wishful thinking???
Thank you to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers...Quinn is such a lucky boy to have so many wonderful people in his life. I know WE are so grateful, and blessed.
Till the next update! Have a fantastic weekend!!

Brooke and Dave

2 comments: